Vomela, a leading print company, is looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented ERP Systems Administrator to develop and maintain our ERP Syteline system. This position offers a unique opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects utilizing a broad range of technologies.
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication and presentation skills, and be highly organized, technically minded, and anxious to continually learn and improve. Candidate will work directly with the Director of IT and other senior management members. Candidate must be able to work with geographically dispersed team and be able to work independently.
Please only apply for this position if you are looking for full-time employment and you have a background working in the Syteline ERP or EPICOR Systems.
- Responsible for on-going growth and maintenance of Syteline. Perform database maintenance and recovery, upgrades to support business functions and configure system to maximize performance. Personalize system forms, objects and functions to support business processes. Write reports, install patches, query data, and design new applications.
- Logical and physical database design to support new and existing applications, reports, data analysis tasks and systems development.
- Working with other technology teams to monitor, plan, and implement the release of data across reporting, development, testing and production environments.
- Evaluate and plan system upgrades and enhancements. Develop database specs, data dictionaries; design/coding standards, and appropriate documentation.
- Run/build diagnostic tools to identify performance bottlenecks and take actions to improve performance. Provide regular updates on database health to stakeholders, provide backup and recovery solutions
- Work with reporting and development teams to tune SQL queries.
- Performs problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques.
- Design and develop integration among multiple systems.
- Help create and review system and software requirements.
- Prepare test cases to perform verification and validation of software and data.
- Follow relevant company procedures and help create and maintain relevant documentation.
- Involvement in all aspects of the Information systems process.
- Analyze user requirements and propose systems.
- Analyze user requests for data and generate reporting.
3+ years of Syteline or EPICOR Development and Support is required
- Minimum 4 years of Database management and development experience using
SQL Stored Procedures, triggers, highly complex Queries and Reports.
- MS SQL, Crystal Reports, SSRS, Business Intelligence
Prefer working knowledge developing and maintaining software applications using:
C#, ASP.NET, JQuery/CSS/HTML, JSON
- Experience in high availability database clustering a plus.
- Experience working with Syteline ERP system in a manufacturing environment is a big plus.
- Thorough understanding of advanced relational database concepts, including physical and logical database design.
- Solid experience using MS SQL Server relational database.
- Experience in data analysis, data warehousing/business intelligence, data base maintenance and performance tuning.
- Experience in database disaster recovery and replication.